GWB 11 Essentials
Got it, downloaded it, and made an activity diagram. Thanks for making a great product!
– Megan E. M., University of Oklahoma
The software is quite user friendly and the instruction manual straightforward.
– Hlanganani Tutu, University of the Witwatersrand
The Geochemist's Workbench® 11 Essentials edition makes quick work of some of the tasks most commonly encountered in geochemistry. With a few mouse clicks, you can balance reactions, figure equilibrium constants, and produce Eh-pH (Pourbaix) and activity diagrams. The package features a spreadsheet designed to hold and manipulate your geochemical data.
New in GWB Release 11
New features in our latest release include:
- Cleaner, sleeker GUI.
- USGS and APHA electrical conductivity models.
- Multiple Stiff, Schoeller, Radial, Bar and Pie plots on a page.
- Configurable Stiff, Schoeller, and Radial diagrams.
- Concentration as protonated, deprotonated species (e.g., H2S, HS-, S2-).
- Allow duplicate names of species, minerals, and gases.
- Set working directory once for all GWB apps.
The image at left shows Stiff diagrams created from the data in a GSS spreadsheet. Click to see how to plot multiple samples on a page and more.
Spreadsheet for geochemists
Program GSS is the Geochemist's spreadsheet, designed to hold and manipulate your chemical analyses. Paste in your data and you can:
- Convert chemical units.
- Compute mineral saturation, gas fugacity.
- Check for charge balance and figure TDS.
- Figure aqueous species distribution, redox state.
- Compare replicates and check standards.
- Produce time series, cross plots, and ternary plots.
- Make Piper, Stiff, Durov, ion balance diagrams.
And much more. Still keeping your analyses in Excel?
Eh-pH and activity diagrams
Programs Act2 and Tact produce diagrams showing areas of predominance for aqueous species, and stability ranges of minerals and gases. Set as axis variables:
- Eh and pH, including Pourbaix diagrams.
- Aqueous species activity.
- Gas fugacity.
You can also make:
- Solubility diagrams.
- Mosaic diagrams.
- Temperature-activity diagrams.
Distribution of species
SpecE8 calculates the distribution of mass among aqueous species. Use the program to:
- Figure concentrations, activities, activity coefficients.
- Calculate mineral saturation states, gas fugacities.
- Plot Piper, Stiff, Schoeller, ion balance diagrams.
- Apply the "Pitzer equations" for activity coefficients.
- Model sorption, ion exchange, surface complexation.
Program Rxn balances chemical reactions. You can:
- Balance reactions among aqueous species, minerals, and gases.
- Calculate equilibrium constants—log Ks.
- Figure equilibrium equations.
- Determine equilibrium temperatures.
Thermo data editor
TEdit is a graphical editor for creating and modifying thermodynamic and surface reaction datasets. You can:
- View and edit data tables, elements, species, reactions, log Ks, and virial coefficients.
- Add, delete, sort, or copy and paste entries.
- Rebalance reactions and recalculate log Ks.
- Exchange the location of basis, redox, and aqueous species.
Need more power?
Upgrade your Essentials license to GWB 11 Standard or Professional for just the difference in price.