Upgrade to The Geochemist’s Workbench® Release 11
I downloaded the software and am very excitedly developing my first GWB model!– Robert Hansen, Exigo3, South Africa
The latest release of the GWB includes the most-requested new features that make quick work of your modeling tasks. Whether you're running GWB10 or an earlier release, GWB11 is an indispensible addition to any laboratory.
What's new in GWB11?
GWB11 unleashes reactive transport!
- Any number of boundary and injection fluids.
- Arbitrary inlet and well pumping intervals.
- Recirculation wells.
- Quick video output to compact frame images.
- Chain together kinetic reaction paths.
- Robust pickup command.
- Expanded set of transient and heterogeneous properties.
- Graph transient variables against time.
- Cutoff feature for compute-intensive simulations.
- Cleaner, sleeker GUI.
- Electrical conductivity by USGS and APHA methods.
- Multiple Stiff, Schoeller, Radial, Bar, and Pie plots on a page.
- Configurable Stiff, Schoeller, and Radial diagrams.
- Concentration as protonated, deprotonated species (e.g., H2S, HS-, S2-).
- Allow duplicate names of species, minerals, and gases.
- Set working directory once for all GWB apps.
- More details on our GWB11 page.
From $599 or less. Upgrade pricing.
New features in GWB10
GWB10 is better, easier, and faster:
- Turbo-scripting speeds rate law evaluation.
- MATLAB bindings.
- Optimized native 64 bit version.
- Windows 8 friendly.
- Hundreds of improvements.
New features in GWB9
GWB9, at the time our most popular upgrade ever, added:
- Crisp new GUI – Fast, logical, and intuitive.
- Drag and drop files, analyses, and results.
- Plugs in to your software.
- New kinetics: complexation, sorption, gas transfer.
- Bidentate and polydentate sorption reactions.
- Show TDS as circles of varying radius in Piper, other plots.
- Set line colors individually on x-y plots.
- Powerful unit converter.
- More medium properties are heterogeneous.
- Automatic software updates.
New in release 7.0
- More reactions kinetics, including catalysis, inhibition.
- Expanded surface chemistry; Freundlich isotherms.
- Edit graphics with mouse; hovering shows x-y values.
- Smart cut-and-paste.
- Support for Vista.
New in release 6.0
- Adaptive gridding.
- Flexible boundary conditions.
- Import flow fields, Modflow models.
- More options for medium heterogeneity.
Windows versions supported
We currently support GWB releases 11, 10, and 9 under the Windows versions shown below.
||Windows 8.1 & 8
✓ GWB 11 is the preferred release for use under Windows 10, and GWB 10 or later is preferred for Windows 8.1 or 8.
✓ GWB 10 is acceptable under Windows 10, and GWB 9 can be installed under Windows 8.1 & 8.
❌ GWB 9 is not compatible with Win10.