This page is for detaching a GWB license from the server for off-network use only. To see related topics, please see our Floating license installation page.
Please note that this is not the same as “checking out” a license from the server, which is accomplished by launching the GWB dashboard or any of the GWB apps on a client computer. A license that has been detached for off-network use will not be available for other users on your network until the automatic return date or returned manually by the user.
To detach a seat from the server for offline usage:
Return to Floating license installation home
- On the server, an administrator may wish to verify the license supports offline use. Assuming it does, a “Borrowable count” will
be listed in the GWB Activation Utility
- On the client, open the GWB Activation Utility.
- Close all GWB apps, including the GWB dashboard, that may be open on the client computer, to ensure a seat is available to borrow.
- In the GWB Activation Utility, select the license server in the list, right click it, and then click Borrow license for offline use... in the popup menu.
- When the Borrow License dialog opens, select the product to be borrowed and choose an automatic return date. Click OK
- Client and server should now see a borrowed license in their respective GWB Activation Utility dialogs.
- The user can return the license before the automatic return date.
He or she should select the borrowed license in the GWB Activation Utility on the client and click Return